Friday, August 24

Chenai Kizhangu Varuval

Chenai Kizhangu : This vegetable is similar to Elephant foot but smaller in size. When it is boiled it becomes very soft. When cooked oh my god................very tasty. One of my favorite favorite....dish. I love this dish a lot , In my childhood days I always used fight with my mom if my sis or brother gets an additional piece.

It can be served with any curry and rice. After cooked it might look like potato but it is no way similar to potato. I am very sorry I don't know what's the name of it in English. I searched in Google But couldn't find it. If I come to know about it then I will definitely update here ......!

So now have a look at the recipe and try in out.

Ingredients
Serves 2 person

Chenai Kizhangu -4 medium
{Boil and cut into slices or into 4 quarters, Boil it the same way like potato with the skin}
Chilly Powder -1/2 spoon
Corn Flour -1/2 Spoon
Salt ,Oil

Seasoing
Mustard -1/8 spoon
Urad Dal -1/8 spoon
Curry Leaves -5

Preparation

Heat a pan, pour 3 spoon oil in it. Add the mustard, when it splutters add other ingredients to it.
Now add chenai kizhangu to it. Fry for 3 minutes.
Next mix salt, chilly powder and corn flour in a small bowl. Now add this powder mix to the pan. Fry in medium flame with the lid. If u want it to be more crispy dribble 1 spoon oil in the middle of frying. I dribbled twice to make it crispy.
Fry for few more minutes and serve hot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its called YAM in english...