Wednesday, August 1

Mung Dal Rajma Curry


When I was peeping all my friends blog for NEW dish I found a North-Indian Dish called Dal Makhani. It looked awesome So, I wanted to try a dish with the same combination of Mung Dal and Rajma by my self .

Resulted this following recipe. Me and My H liked it a lot. My first try.......never thought it will turn out this great. Check it out.

It serves 2 people.
Ingredients:

Mung Dal -1/2 Cup (Soaked at least 5 to 6 hrs)
Rajma -1/4 Cup (Soaked at least 5 to 6 hrs)
Garlic -1 {Fine Chopped}
Ginger -1 (1/2 inch size - Fine chopped)

To Fry and Grind:
Green Chillies -2
Red Chillies -2
Pepper Corn -10
Coriander Seed -1 Spoon
Sesame seeds -1/2 Spoon
Coconut -3 (1/2 inch size )

To Tamper:
Oil -2 Spoon
Jeera (cumin) -1/4 Spoon
Curry Leaves -5

To Garnish
Ghee -1 Spoon
Coriander leaves

Preparation

Wash dal and rajma for 2 to 3 change of water and transfer to pressure cooker or pan. Next add garlic, ginger and enough water to it. Cook for 3 to 4 whistle. If the cooked rajma is not soft and mushy then, cook again for 3 more whistle. Smash dal and rajma very slightly and keep aside.

Next dry roast all the ingredients given "To Fry and Grind" in a pan. Leave it to cool for some time and grind to a fine paste adding 1/4 cup water to it. Keep aside.

Now heat a pan, Pour oil and the seasoning ingredients to it. Next add the grounded paste and fry for 1 minutes till the oil separates. Now add salt, cooked dal and rajma to it. If the gravy is thick add 1/2 water to it. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes in medium flame.

Now garnish with ghee and coriander. The gravy is ready to serve with chapati or rice.

2 comments:

TBC said...

I've never used moong & rajma together. Your dish looks good. Maybe I should give it a shot.

Priya Vijai said...

It was a first try for me too. Try it out. U will really love it. I Appreciate if u leave ur comments about it.